We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute advice. Please!

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute advice. Please!

My 19 year old daughter and I have been to Oqunquit several times in past years and are going again tomorrow. We are looking for some new things to do in Oqunquit and surrounding towns.

Besides taking advantage of Marginal Way, Perkins Cove, beach and shopping in Oqunquit, we've gone to Kennebunkport and on a ghost tour in York.

We love it all but would like to try some new things too. Any suggestions within an hour's drive from Ogunquit?

Also any suggestions for restaurants that have vegetarian/vegan options?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Pennyslvania
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

Raindrop,

Len Libby Candies in Scarsborough has Lennie the Chocolate Moose (all 1700#'s (?) of him) + great blueberry popcorn. Go see the Nubble LH. Portland has a lot of things to see and do. I would recommend the Mainely Tour, which covers a lot of area and gives a lot of information. Yarmouth has Eartha the globe. Kennebuckport also has a great trolley tour. If you are into diners, the Maine Diner in Wells has very good food. If you are into shopping Freeport has a good selection, plus you can see the 35' Indian before arriving in Freeport. Sorry can't help you with the vegetarina/vegan restaurants.

Enjoy your vacation.

Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

What is the Nubble LH?

How far is Portland from Ogunquit? Is the Mainely Tour a bus tour?

I appreciate all your suggestions. Thanks

Pennyslvania
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

The Nubble Lighthouse is in Cape Neddick south of Oqunquit and north of the Yorks. According to Mapquest Portland is 38 miles from Oqunquit. The Mainely Tour is in a trolley.

Maitland, FL
Level Contributor
430 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

Nubble Lighthous is in York..my aunt and uncle lived a few houses away for over 30 years! Go to Mt. Agamenticus for great ocean and mountian views and some good hiking trails. You can drive up to the top. When coming back, go to Flo's Hotdogs on Rt. #1. See - http://www.agamenticus.org/

Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

Thanks! We were thinking we'd like to hike plus my daughter is a photographer so this sounds perfect for us.

My daughter is vegan so unfortunately Flo's is out for us. It's always tough finding a place to eat with her as she doesn't eat any animal products. Do you have any restaurant suggestions that may have meatless options?

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

There is a place called "Frankie and Johnny" on Rt. 1 heading to Ogunquit. Health Food, so this place may fill the bill for your daughter ?

Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

I just looked up the menu for Frankie and Johnny's and it sounds perfect. Unfortunately they're closed Mon and Tues. We're coming home on Weds but if we stay through dinner, that's definitely where we will go. Thanks.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

If you end up heading to Portland go to Portland Head Light at Ft. Williams...some great photography opportunities for your daughter there!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

For hiking and phoptography, the suugestion of Mt Agamenticus is perfect. Beautiful scenery and well maintained trails.

Stonewall Kitchens is an interesting place to visit to shop for some unusual food items to bring back home or just for the sake of visiting for something different to do. http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute advice. Please!

Try Bandaloop in Dock Square K'Port for veggie options.