We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

Hello!

I'm going to Ogunquit ME next weekend. I've been a lot of times when i was younger but it's been a long time now. We want to eat good lobster and excellent clam chowder. Where would be the best spots? I remember lobster shack, if it's was the one near a ice cream spot, the clam chowder was awesome.. A friend told me about Maine diner, is it as good? For lobster, there is lobster pound, barnacle billy's, anything else? Which one offers the best price / quality?

Thank you! :)

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

The Clam Chowder in the Village market is excellent.

For the best value for your money head north to Wells and go to the Steak House...excellent food, huge quantities ..yes, they have seafood as well.

The Maine Diner is a bit overrated in my opinion.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

We love the twin lobster special at the Blue Water Inn which is just before the main entrance to Ogunquit Beach. I'm not a clam chowder fan but my other half is. The chowder at Barnacle Billy's as well as the Village Food Market are his favorites.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

The Lobster Shack, at the end of Perkins Cove is great to get a fabulous lobster. Our last two trips to the Lobster Pound were extremely disappointing, with (believe it or not) tastless, overcooked lobsters. The Lobster Pound was one of the most expensive per pound in the area. Unfortunately, the Lobster Pound, like a few other restaurants in the area have become nothing but tourist traps.

4. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 15:31
Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

The Maine Diner is just GREAT ! Try it. They have won over the past years best chowder at our "Christmas By The Sea " by Judge and people choice. their seafood pie is also good and their hot lobter roll is out of this world. plus they have other option to coose from .The Barn in Cape Neddick on Rt. 1 is good also . Enjoy and have fun here in Maine . And here to great weather for you also .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

Fox's Lobster near Nubble Light, and York's Best on Route 1 near the York/Kittery border.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

Thank you so much for all the ideas. I've wrote down the names of the restaurants and i can't wait eating!!

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

The chowder at the maine diner was great and there are spectacular cream pies and good breakfasts. We like the shack at the end of perkins cove for excellent lobster,there is also a new little walk up place in the cove next to the drawbridge with huge lobster rolls and a to die for blueberry ice cream soda!wow...Too many places to eat,we also find the lobster pound to be a bit tired,barnacle billy's while a bit touristy(everything is touristy ) has fresh good lobster's and a great view of the cove.

9. Re: Best lobster and clam chowder restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit