We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 3rd Week in July

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 3rd Week in July

We have been going to Ogunquit for almost 20 years now and still love it there. My younger daughter, who moved to North Carolina ,came up (with boyfriend) to join us as did my older daughter who lives in Manhattan. They never miss the trip. We stayed at the Juniper Hill where we are never disappointed. The grounds are beautiful, the outdoor pools and hot tub are a delight and the location is perfect for us. The staff is always helpful and friendly. I would walk into town and get the fantastic lobster rolls at the Rose Cove to bring back to the others who are lounging around the pool. I got tired of lobster rolls after a while, and picked up an Italian Stallion at the Village Market for myself for a needed change. The food at Roberto's is fantastic, the only problem is you need the patience of a saint while you wait for your food. The Egg and I remains our favorite for breakfast. The Steakhouse on Route 1 in Wells is a wonderful place to eat at a reasonable price. We have been going to the Lobster Shack for the last few years and up to this year I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately, this year all five of us had lobster and steamers and all five of us looked at each other and agreed that the food was tasteless and disappointing. I do not have an explanation for this, but even at their reasonable prices, that dinner for 5 was pretty expensive and no one enjoyed it. I try to find something new each year to keep things fresh. We went out to Cape Porpoise and had fantastic fried clams at the the Cape Pier Restaurant. It is at the end of the pier and you can sit outside on the water and enjoy your meal. One other new thing we did was to go to a concert at the Landing at Pine Point in Scarborough. It was well worth the trip. The concert ,Matt Kearney, was a lot of fun. Jim Carey's daughter was the opening act. You sit around table during the concert and food and drink is served at really reasonable prices. My daughters (and boyfriend) really enjoyed the "buckets of beer". The beach, Marginal Way and Perkins Cove never get old for us. We all are looking forward to next year.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

Thanks for the report! Can you say more about the Landing at Pine Point? We keep meaning to get there, but haven't. Are the sight lines good? Can you define the "reasonable" prices? Thanks!

Edited: 17 August 2010, 21:51
New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

The sight lines are great. The venue is not that big to begin with. The stage is raised and the tables are length wise from the stage with people sitting at either side but not at the ends. As you can see the tickets are in the $20-$25 range. You are assigned to a table but not to a specific seat. I don't remember exactly but a complete hamburger meal or a lobster roll meal was in the area of $16.00. The food was not fancy but was very good. I believe the menu varies with different shows. The highlight for my daughters was the bucket of beer, 5 beers in a bucket of ice for $16.00. We had a great time there and never felt ripped off.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

The tickets for Matt Kearney were in the $20-$25 area. If you check out the web site you can see that the ticket prices do vary with different shows.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

Thanks! A bucket of beer sounds good right now:-)

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

Great report Steve. Glad to see that Rose Cove has reopened. We missed their lobster rolls when we were there in June....definitely looking forward to having one when we're there next month.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

" The food at Roberto's is fantastic

If you like Roberto's try Angelina's next time..

http://www.angelinasogunquit.com/

7. Re: Trip Report 3rd Week in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 06:41