We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
350 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
November

We've been to Ogunquit in the summer many time over the years and we are thinking of visiting for three nights in early November (Thurs.-Sun). I remember visiting the same time several years ago and finding the town very quiet on Thursday night but a little more active on the weekend. Are things pretty much the same during this time of year? I recall some restaurants shops and hotels being closed. There is still plenty to do....Freeport, Kennebunkport, Portland, Portsmouth, Marginal Way, The Cove etc...but I was hoping it wasn't so quiet as to force us outside the town.

Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November

Yes, things are still relatively quiet in November in Ogunquit. Many of the restaurants will have already closed for the season, and those that haven't tend to close earlier. Still, it's very beautiful and peaceful. You can always drive into Portsmouth or Portland if you're looking for more activity and/or a dinner past 8 PM!

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November

There are a few restaurants in Ogunquit that stay open year round now. Front Porch and Jackies 2 are two that come to mind.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November

Old Village Inn, and Angelina's are open year round and are two of my favorite places to eat. It is quiet and town and stores usually open weather permitting - however its still a beautiful place to visit in November particularly when you stay right on the ocean.

4. Re: November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations