We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
250 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Hi,

Have noticed a number of similar posts, so apologies if going over old ground.

We will be travelling up from New York to Boston in mid-August, and have 4 nights to spare before we have to travel back to Boston for a further 4 nights.

Ideally we would like to spend these 4 nights chilling at a hotel on the beach, and budgetting on around $200/night for 2A, 1C (age 13). Would need a room with 2 x queen beds or studio/apartment for 3 people.

Are there any recommendations for accommodations that are on (or just across the road) from a beach in this area.

Many thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

In Ogunquit during the summer most places have a minimum night stay, so be aware of that. My wife and I spend at least 10 weekends a summer durung the months of June- Sep in Ogunquit but we live only 45 minutes away. We love the place, the beach, the people and the town.

There are many places near the beach, walking distance, and a few on the beach. A budget of around $200 a night be a bit shy during the peak times of summer but you should be ok if your willing to boost that up a little.

Check out my favorite 4, all in town and close to everything, short distance to the beach. .

Beachmere Inn, on the marginal way.

Anchorage by The Sea on the marginal way

Spahawk just about on the marginal way

Seacastles across from Anchorage.

This motel sits directly on the beach but Im not impressed with the place, its not a place I would choose to stay at, it just looks dirty to me and IMO overrated because of its location.

The Norseman

Pictures of Ogunquit from last year

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Diceman, I'm sitting here under a palm tree in 90 degree heat , but still dreaming of floating the Ogunquit River come July......

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
250 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

" Diceman, I'm sitting here under a palm tree in 90 degree heat , but still dreaming of floating the Ogunquit River come July "

LOL, Im sitting here with two feet of snow on the ground and its now snowing again, but looking forward to Ogunquit beach come summer.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Diceman gave great recommendations. You might also try Sea Chambers . The Norseman is directly on the beach, but as was noted above, it would not be my first choice either. That said, in fairness, you may want to check it out for yourself.

Also, The Terrace by the Sea is another one that is tucked into a side street that has nice ocean views.

I also only live an hour away so I don't overnight there much but I do spend many days year round walking the beach and Marginal Way. I have stayed at the Anchorage by the Sea and Sea Chambers (the same owners as the wonderful Clay Hill Farm restaurant). Both were very nice.

Here is the web site for the chamber of commerce that has many listing for you to peruse

http://www.ogunquit.org/accommodations.php

Good luck!

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
250 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Many thanks for that additional information. Will let you know when we find somewhere.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

I have cousins in Wigan! . I agree with the previous posters. The Norseman is the only hotel directly on the beach, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice either. There are many other places on the water just a short walk to the beach. The Sparhawk, Terrace by the Sea and Sea Chambers are all excellent choices and just a short, pleasing walk to the beach and town.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

Sea Chambers is another decent place to stay as others have said, in the heart of all the action..

Just happen to have a few pictures of Sea Chamber

You will also notice that the Norseman is in the far distance.

Maine
Level Contributor
181 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

The Aspinquid is very close to the beach and might be worth looking into.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Nights - Accommodation On/Near Beach

I second Beachmere Inn. Meadowmere is nice too.

Beachmere Inn @ 62 Beachmere Place, Ogunquit, ME 207 - 646 - 2021.

http://www.beachmereinn.com/

Meadowmere Resort @ 74 Main St., Ogunquit, ME 207 - 646 - 9661.

http://www.meadowmere.com/