We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

I am looking for a place to stay in Ogunquit for a girls getaway weekend this summer for 2-3 nights.. While we would like to travel in style, realistically, we are looking for something clean, safe, with a pool under $200 a night per room, Can we get something that fits our requirements for that amount of money? Close to the beach would be great but taking a trolley there is fine too. Clean and the pool are the biggest factors. We would also like a fridge, coffee maker and microwave in the room too, though we would settle having any of those in that order of preference. Anything beyond this is a bonus!

Also should we be in any particular area if we want to enjoy some nightlife, or can we get anywhere either by walking, trolley or taxi so the location might not be as important?

We are not so interested in a sort of staid and stuffy B & B atmoshphere but if the other requirements are met it might be ok.

My research uncovers the following choices. Please review and if there are any that stand out to choose or to avoid let me know, and let me know why. Thanks!

Bourne's Ocean Acres

Stage Run

Colonial Village

Sea Coast

Meadowmere

Ogonquit Resort Hotel

Terrace by the Sea

Sea Farer

Aspinquid

Admiral's Inn

Colonial Inn

Footbridge Beach Motel

Juniper Hill

Mariner

Milestone

Ogunquit River Inn

Sea Chambers

Seaview

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

Check out Beachmere Inn.........

Beachmere Inn @ 62 Beachmere Place, Ogunquit, ME 207 - 646 - 2021.

http://www.beachmereinn.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
24,419 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

First off, you are somewhat limited to places that have outdoor pools since Ogunquit is mainly a beach resort type of place but you will find outdoor pools

You can get just about anywhere buy taking the trolley, but staying in town is the best way to go, no need of a car, you can just about walk to any place you want to go with great restaurants and shopping steps away.

Most all places require a minimum stay of 3 nights on up during peak times. You will be in the ballpark of $200 on up depending on where you stay, most naturally the better the place and the better location your going to pay for it.

What I can do is give you a few places that I would highly recommend since we spend a great amount of time in Ogunquit during the summer.

Beachmere Inn, on the marginal way.

Anchorage by The Sea on the marginal way

Spahawk just about on the marginal way

Seacastles across from Anchorage.

Sea Chambers

Terrace by the Sea

Depending on the room you get most places in Ogunquit will have a fridge, micro and coffee pot, also those that dont dont have coffee pots

usually have free coffee at the lobby. With some places a light breakfast might also be included in the room rate such as the Riverside in Perkins cove, another great place to eat and shop.

May I suggest an excellent breakfast place, its called Five O, in town and close to most everything.

Ogunquit is a great place to kick back and enjoy the ocean, great walks, sightseeing, food and some shopping, no matter how many times we are in Ogunquit we just cant wait for the weekends to come.

Many of these places I have pictures of, just click on the links below

…photobucket.com/albums/…

…photobucket.com/albums/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

Ogunquit Resort Motel is a very nice place if you can't find something by the beach. Nice big rooms fit three easily, and I think they have everything you've asked for except I'm not sure there's a microwave. HUGE, nice pool, on the trolley line, and not really a bad walk to the beach if you're walkers/hikers. A few decent restaurants within 1/2 mile each way too. The only thing to be sure and ask for is a room that is not right on the busy main road, get one a little further back from the road.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

Check out the Juniper Hill Inn. Short walk to both the beach and town and they have indoor and outdoor pools. No microwaves in the room, however they do have a small fridge and coffee maker.

Boston
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

Thanks to all for your replies. Still narrowing down my options.

The rooms we could afford at Beachmere, the ones up Israel Head road, get poor reviews so that is not a good option, and Sparhawk has a 7 night minimum in July and August. Most of the others suggested are still contenders. I like Juniper Hill, that is rising to the top of the list as are a few others.

Anyone know anything about Stage Run Motel?

And, are there sidewalks to walk on up and down Rte 1? We don't mind walking to town if we stay further up Main St, as long as we can do it safely.

Will post my end result when I have one. Thanks!

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

Haven't stayed at the Stage Run, but have stayed at The Dunes on the Waterfront . We walked into the village each night for diinner and it's not something I would do again or recommend. The sidewalk is narrow for a bit and then disappears so you'll be walking single file along the shoulder of the road. Check the Juniper...you won't be disappointed.

chicopee ma
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

We have stayed at the Meadowmere several times and enjoyed it.They have an outside pool and deck as well as a hot tub.It is less than a 10 minute walk to mthe center of town,and is on the trolley line for the beach.There is a restaurant next door(never tried it )and they serve a lite breakfast on the property.The rooms have refrige and coffe makers in room.What I like is that the rooms are Always clean and the property is alwayskept up.It seems to attract an older crowd(woodstock generation here)the staff is friendly and they have a large indoor pool if the weather fails.Last but not least the beds are comfortable.Do you have room for one unemployed man servant? Will carry bags and coolers!

8. Re: Clean basic hotel under $200 per night for 3 women

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2012, 05:20