We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

Massachussets
Level Contributor
370 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

We're heading up to Ogunquit this weekend with our 3 kids ages 4, 7 & 9 staying at Juniper HIll. We've been several times before but I have no recollection of where we ate except Barnicle Billy's. I'd love a suggestion for a restaurant that is nice but also somewhat kid friendly as we're celebrating my birthday up there. I love seafood & Italian, my husband doesn't like any seafood.

Also, any suggestions on a sailing cruise we could take? We did one last year out of Boston & the kids loved it.

Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

Some that I would recommend among many others. .

La Pizzeria in town Priced right

Cafe Prego In town priced right

Robertos, heading toward Perkins Cove, walkable, upper priced

Angelinas out of town heading North but not too far, you will need a car.

medium to upper priced.

Five O in town but upper scale.

Johnathans, walkable or take trolley, medium priced.

Barnacle Billys, tourist trap a bit pricey compared to others but a great view of Perkins Cove, walk or take trolley.

Fisherman catch in Wells, north out of town off of route 1, not far, need car, priced right .

Mikes Clam shack, route one out of town north, need car, priced right, large menu.

Try the Silver Lining Sail boat tours

www.silverliningsailing.com/gallery.htm

Or try the Gift, just done this one awhile back.

http://www.sailthegift.com/

Some pictures for you

…photobucket.com/albums/…

And

…photobucket.com/albums/…

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

Try the Wells Steak House on Route 1, obviously in Wells. Although the outside is not that appealing the inside is nice and the food is very good.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

AttnySteve is right on, forgot about that one, but get there Early, fills up fast.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

Mainiax Restaurant in Wells. The kids love making Smores over a mini campfire for dessert!

http://mainiaxrestaurant.com/

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

The Maine Diner is great for family dining. On Route 1 heading towards Kennebunk. We did the Finest Kind sail to the Nubble Lighthouse out of Perkins Cove and really enjoyed it. Kids would enjoy it too. if I remember correctly it was about a 90 minute sail

Massachussets
Level Contributor
370 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions! I'm just checking out some menus online now & my mouth is watering!

Maine
Level Contributor
155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

One thing that my grandchildren enjoyed recently was the Finestkind lobster trip out of Perkins Cove. You get to see some lobster traps being pulled, learn about what lobsters they can keep and what they have to throw back, see the other marine life they pull in with the traps. Plus, the kids get to hold the lobsters - and it's a great photo op. The grandparents enjoyed it, too!

8. Re: KId friendly restaurants & sailing trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations