We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

Hi all, I am trying to take note of a few restaurants for our upcoming trip to Ogunquit. I have a few upscale restaurants picked out, but we won't want to be having big sit down dinners every night, our wallets and waistbands won't allow it!

I was thinking of La Pizzeria for pizza one night, but was looking for a suggestion for somewhere that does really good sandwiches (we love proper American deli sandwiches!) Any suggestions? We would want somewhere that is open in the evening rather than lunch.

Thanks in advance!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

During the summer season, open in the evening: Fancy That villagefoodmarket.com/pdf/fancythatmenu.pdf

We also like to pick up food at the local supermarket and just throw together our own sandwiches.

Edited: 20 August 2011, 12:47
Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

"I was thinking of La Pizzeria for pizza one night"

Great place for food and service and the price is right, the owner is a great guy and is always there.

Try Frills, 49 Shore Road, across from Five 0, great for sandwiches and as Mahj stated Village Food Market is also excellent.

The Fisherman Catch in Wells is great for seafood thats priced right, but dont tell to many about this place, LOL, I couldn't get in there Wednesday night it was so packed, had to for late lunch Thursday.

Take route 1 out of Ogunquit heading into Wells, you will see the Wells fire station on the right about a few miles up, take this right on Harbor road, the restaurant will be about a half mile down on the left.

http://www.fishermanscatchwells.com/

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
406 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

Village Food Market sounds like what you're looking for. They will make up a sandwich to order and they also do a wonderful "steak bomb" on their grill. You can bring your food to the beach, your hotel or sit outside on their patio and people watch while you eat.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

The Market is on the corner of beach street and route 1 in the heart of downtown Ogunquit, there are benches that people can sit and tourist watch, in the evening the wife and I love to take 30min or so to relax and have a cup of coffee and watch the world go by, we have met many a nice person here just chilling out after a long day.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Majh, the Village Food Market looks great, exactly what I was looking for.

DiceMan, unfortunately The Fishermans Catch is out as the hubby doesn't eat Seafood or Fish in any way, shape or form. I find this leaves us a little bit limited in a sea side town like Ogunquit.

Appreciate the Suggestions so far though, keep 'em coming!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

Another favorite and well priced place in the heart of Ogunquit across from Frills is Caffe Prego.

Website

http://www.caffepregoogt.com/

Menu

http://www.caffepregoogt.com/Caffe/Menu.aspx

Picture of Caffe Prego

…photobucket.com/albums/…

7. Re: Good places for cheap eats in Ogunquit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations