We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marginal Way

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
57 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Marginal Way

Any damage to Marginal Way due to Hurricane Irene?

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marginal Way

No everything is fine. Just some high wind and some rain not too bad . What was upsetting was they closed the marginal Way but people went under the yellow tape and diregard how dangerous it could be with the high wind, wave etc.. Why can't people follow rules etc . ? The police came and went trying their best to stop them but there were moe important things to partol. Why do they think the town takes the time to put up yellow tapes warning of the danger when we have a storm ? All in all the town fair pretty well. We didn't lose power and most evrything was normal today ( Monday ), With business open etc...

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marginal Way

Was on the beach yesterday, Aug 29, except for a higher tide and a more active surf most everything looked normal, some of the stores and restaurants took there awnings down before the storm and still didnt have them up as of yesterday. A lot of sand was blown around down near the beach but some clean up was taking place.

The beach was fairly crowded and the day was picture perfect.

Walked the Marginal way in the late afternoon and everything looked well.

I have some pictures of the surf, once I up-load them I will post them.

3. Re: Marginal Way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 02:18