We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering???.......

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Considering???.......

I'm just trying to decide between the Admiral Inn or Meadowmere... Which has a more central location? They both look very nice... Thanks for helping me narrow it down.... Late June vacation ,50ish, active couple.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering???.......

The Meadowmere would be my choice by a wide margin over the Admirals Inn. The Meadowmere is more of a resort type of atmosphere where the Admirals Inn has more of the motel feel. Both are south of town which means you will have a lot of traffic backed up on Route 1 going into town. As for central location, I would say that your walk into town and to the beach from the Meadowmere would be slightly easier then the walk from the Admirals Inn.

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering???.......

Thanks for the advice.. really hard to tell from the pictures on the internet, I have been slightly fooled before.

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering???.......

On further research, I do believe the Meadowmere is more to my liking. Looking at Google Earth view, is the Meadowmere a very short walk to town and beach, or is it really isolated?... Also, I have read about a trolley,, would it stop at this resort? I understand it's not right on the beach but I don't want to be on the main highway either. Thanks

Edited: 23 January 2012, 23:27
New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Considering???.......

The Meadowmere is on the main highway, Route 1, but it is set back. It is about a 10 minute walk to the middle of town and 20 minute walk to the beach. The trolley comes in from the side road and makes the rounds to the beach into town, Perkins Cove , North on Route 1 and back. The reviews of the Meadowmere are usually glowing.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Considering???.......

I have stayed at the Meadowmer, my Daughter with her two children stay there on occasion, it is far Superior to the Admiral Inn, here is my Review of Meadowmere

I had the pleasure of staying here a few nights recently when our home base hotel that we usually stay at was booked solid. We were blown away by the service and the amenities of the place; the one thing that caught my eye immediately was the cleanliness of the public areas. Meadowmere is a wonderful place for families with children; they have great amenities for children and adults alike. For the kiddies and adults they have a movie room that shows both kiddy and adult movies, indoor and outdoor pools to enjoy, a great Free Continental breakfast, an arcade and a Pub to grab a bite when your hungry. This is a huge plus during the day when your pool side and you dont have to leave the grounds for food.

Rooms are spacious and have all the amenities you would expect.

Additional amenities are a good size Roman Spa, fitness center and Jacuzzis.

Our stay was nice and would highly recommend it to others. I also booked my Daughter and Grand kids there for a few days and she was completely happy with the place and would stay there again in a heartbeat which might be very soon.

The location into town is walk able; you can also drive into town and park for free after 6pm in the public lot. There is a road in back of the Meadowmere that you can walk which takes you directly to Shore road and the start of the Marginal way.

The Hotel is IMO a class act.

Room Tip: Ask for the Main section or the South section of the hotel.

6. Re: Considering???.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 10:30