We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage by the Sea

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
358 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Anchorage by the Sea

Okay, I booked Anchorage by the Sea.. Opinions please.. and Location????

Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

We stayed there once. It was clean and comfortable, nice view. However, there are other places to stay in Ogunquit with more character - we like Terrace By The Sea and also The Dunes on the Waterfront, but that's not right in town. I have to say that the staff at The Anchorage didn't go out of their way to be very friendly or helpful. But, again, it was an okay stay.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

The Anchorage is a Premier resort that has one of the Best locations in Ogunquit, your right on Shore Road close to all the restaurants and shops in the village and the back of the resort is on the Marginal Way. The Views are Breathtaking and the resort has many great amenities, the place is usually booked solid through out the summer season and usually has a minimum night stay requirement, but as you know Anchorage by the Sea does not come cheap LOL. You will see many families on top of a mixed crowd of people staying at the Anchorage, they just did there pool over and during the summer months they also have a restaurant thats serves some decent food. We walked by the Anchorage a few times yesterday since we were in Ogunquit for the day.

A few Pictures I have taken of the Anchorage over the years.

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00681.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00697.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00680.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00694.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00701.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC01064.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC01038.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC01026.jpg

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
358 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

Thanks, Kat and Dice,,,, I feel comfortable in my choice then. Yes, there were ,what looked like, quite a few good choices, and I kept changing my mind. Finally just had to pick, fearing everything would book up.

Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

Have a great trip -I am sure you will. Check out The Maine Diner for great blueberry pancakes!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

Your choice is excellent, I cant think of anything more you would want except for lower prices, LOL. They do have a tendency to get a little uppity at times but thats because they know they have waiting lists and usually a full house all through the summer.

If you need other recommendations feel free to ask.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
57 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

You can't beat the location, minutes to town, about 15 minutes to Perkins Cove. Stayed there about two years ago in the units across the street. Not bad, wish I could afford to stay in the main building.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

I have stayed at the Anchorage several times and you cant beat the views and location. If you like to watch the sunrise, bring a blanket and sit out on the massive lawn in one of the adirondack chairs , sippin your java, floowed by a walk on Marginal way..so peaceful in the morning!

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
358 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

Thank you Diceman, eonny and em for your input..... Diceman.....you havebeen a wonderful help with my decision making process...... Do I remember your sage advice from 2 yrs ago, when we made our 1st Boston trip? That was a great trip,.by the way!

9. Re: Anchorage by the Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:15