We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

So it seems that most of the posts in the forum reference hotels. Is the inventory for houses very low? We have a group of 5 - 10 (not sure how many), so it's easiest for us to get a house.

It doesn't have to be walkable to downtown Ogunquit if that's not likely.

Any info would be great help, including best sites (I assume VRBO, not sure of others; this is the first I've looked for a house not in the Caribbean!).

Finally, do folks think we've waited to long to find a place mid to late August?

THANKS!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,405 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

Im not up on houses to rent but I do know of a few.

One has an Ideal location in the heart of all the action and steps from the beach.

Its an 8 room private house rental which is available weekly – Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Solarium with adjacent Service Bar, Laundry, 1st Floor Bedroom, 3 Bedrooms on 2nd Level and 3rd Floor Master Bedroom with panoramic views of Ogunquit Beach. 3 Full Baths and 2 Half Baths. Unique with superb location.

PHOTO GALLERY

ogunquitbeach.com/aspinquid/a-photo-gallery-…

The amenities include a heated outdoor swimming pool, tennis court, weight room and sauna. Guest rooms have direct dial telephones, cable, wireless internet and individual climate control.

Ideally situated, guests can park their vehicles upon arrival and walk to the beach, town or the Marginal Way. Trolley service is alse available.

Prices

ogunquitbeach.com/aspinquid/a-41beachstreet.…

You Will find others that will cater to maybe 5 or 6 people instead of 10.

You could also find Hotel/motels units that will accomodate 6 people, they are actually not rooms but more on a three room unit type of place.

Maine
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

Before we lived here full time and were still doing summer rentals, we had very good luck renting through Seaside Rentals.

http://www.seasiderentals.com

You can look at their inventory on their website, but they are also very helpful on the phone. They have properties that will accomodate large groups. Even though there are probably a lot of reservations already in place, I'm sure you'll be able to find something for August.

Good luck!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,405 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

will sleep 8 or more people

homeaway.com/search/…508

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

http://www.ogunquitrentalproperties.com/ We rented a condo from them one year and were very pleased with the service. They also have quite a few houses for rent. Click on the "rental" button on the top right.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

Thanks for the tips. One response on a property noted the "April rush," as if a lot of bookings will occur then. Maybe I've gotten on this just in time!

- NB

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
126 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

HI Nancy,

I will be renting a house here in late June/July. I will report back when I experience my time in Maine. How funny that I came across your post as I research my trip there! :)

Lbagot

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

We ended up going eith a housevon the water in York. Waterfront was the draw; we'll drive to Ogunquit for fun! This is late August. I'll report back.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

Ha, hey Liz!!

9. Re: Houses/villas in/near Ogunquit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:40
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations