We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
661 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

I haven't been to Ogunquit in 6 years...I use to go with my ex for a long weekend each June. This year I "won" a two night stay at Inn Seasons Resorts so I am heading up with a friend hopefully the first weekend in June.

Last time I was there I loved Five-O, Gypsy and Front Porch (who doesn't love to sing around a piano bar). I have to say I thought back then all the restaurants in Perkins Cove were very pricey and not worth the $$$ for the portions, also was not impressed with an Italian Restaurant I went to, forget the name.

Looking for a place not over the top expensive but that my friend and I can grab a couple of martinis, wine and have a good meal. We want to avoid Children Friendly places, ha ha :)

Maine
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

Hi - for some more info on dining in Ogunquit, check our our site: www.visitmaine.com/region/beaches/ogunquit/ and view the dining descriptions. That should help you rule out the places that are more kid-friendly. Many of the town's Inns and hotels have excellent chefs, too. Enjoy your stay!

~The Maine Office of Tourism

Boston
Level Contributor
24,611 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

" Last time I was there I loved Five-O, Gypsy and Front Porch (who doesn't love to sing around a piano bar). I have to say I thought back then all the restaurants in Perkins Cove were very pricey and not worth the $$$ for the portions. also was not impressed with an Italian Restaurant I went to, forget the name"

All the places you mention are very good but the prices are not that much different then restaurants in Perkins Cove.

The Italian restaurant might have been Robertos or Angelinas both I find are decent.

If you want some other places to try and not all that kid friendly, more adult dining then children.

98 Provence

Prime

Cape Neddick

Katie's

MC in Perkins Cove

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
661 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

Thanks...my comments about Restaurants in Perkins Cove had more to do with portions for the money. I live in Plymouth MA, a seaside tourist town so use to high prices but if I pay $38 for a meal I wamt more than 5 scallops :) thanks, cannot wait to try your recommendations.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
406 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

Five 0, Prime or Front Porch would be my recommendations.

If you loved the Front Porch last time you were in Ogunquit, you'll love it this time too. They've remodeled. It's not kid friendly. The food, ambience and service are excellent.

I'd stay away from Katie's. Our experience was a large plate, large bill, and very little food.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

My husband and I just ate a late lunch at MC in Perkins Cove. We shared a fish sandwich and had a couple of cold beers. Outstanding!

6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:18