We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

I'm traveling for 3 nights with my husband and 8 year old. We have enjoyed Kennbunkport but hope to visit someplace else on the coast about an hour or less from Portland. We like smaller, luxurious hotels with a pool, similar to Nonantum or The Tides in Kennebunkport. Can anyone make a recommendation? We love light, airy rooms without antiques if possible, and no motels.

Does anyone have a good recommendation that fits this criteria?

Thanks for your help,

Jennifer

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

I don't think of the Nonantum as especially small, so I will suggest the Samoset Resort:

http://samosetresort.com/

or Inn by the Sea:

http://www.innbythesea.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

Samoset Resort on the Ocean

Bluenose Inn

StageNeck Inn

Inn by the Sea

Cliff House

Middleton...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

We just got back from Ogunquit and stayed at Anchrage by the Sea 125 Shore Road. We absolutely loved it. Great pool, a few outdoor hot tubs, very good restaurant, lovely, newly remodeled very clean room. I highly recommend it and when I'm not so tired going to do a 5 star review to Trip Advisor. Check the reviews. I think you would be happy there based on your post. One note...it is not The Ritz or The Westin with heavenly beds and 1000 count sheets and heavy luxurious towels. It is as I said very clean, sheets and towels are fine, oh and there is a small fridge in the room. Views are spectacular and location is great. We didn't use the car the whole time there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

Thank you Stacy. We had Anchorage at thebtop of our list thanks theDiceMan! So it's great to read how much you enjoyed it. Do you recommend any aprticukar area of the hotel to book .a roo

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

" Do you recommend any particular area of the hotel to book a room "

Book either a Port side or Starboard Side ocean view room.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

View from Anchorage

Anchorage Pool

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

Thank you both TheDiceMan and Stacy, I'm booking a Starboard room and will let you know how great it was when we get back. I appreciate your helpful information!

Jennifer

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

Thank you CB48 for the suggestions. I am leaning towards Anchorage by the Sea but the Inn by the Sea also looks like a great consideration. I appreciate your help!

8. Re: Hotel near or on the water less than an hour from Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:16