We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

We are thinking of driving up this weekend but the weather forecast worries me. How's the weather been? What are the local channels saying - is it going to be a wash out? I know weather is unpredictable, but was hoping for some local feedback as opposed to weather.com

Thanks!

Helen

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

Weather the first part of the week has been nice -- sunny, tolerable humidity, temps in the 80's..... just watched the late newscasts tonight... consensus among Portland's TV weather folks appears to be that Saturday may be a "washout".... with clouds/showers then clearing on Sunday... temperatures both days in the 70's. But, in Maine weather terms, the weekend is still "a long ways away" for accurate forecasts.... what we heard tonight is probably their "best guess as of right now", but things can, and do, change quickly. If you want to look at the local forecasts on-line, check out the websites for WCSH-TV6, WMTW-TV8, and WGME-TV13....

Edited: 08 August 2012, 04:35
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

Thank you! If we cross our fingers and make the drive ... Are there recommendations for rainy day activities for a family with twin 6 year olds?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,580 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

Wife was there Sat and Sun the weather was beautiful, we went back up Tuesday, Aug 7th and again the weather was beautiful, as MainerOn TheGo states predicting rain on Sat clearing on Sunday. Weather changes fast and many times the guesses are wrong. We are going up Sun and Mon.

Hope you have reservations because yesterday I saw something I have not seen all summer, motel one after another booked.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

We were just there for 2 weeks and so many days were predicting rain in the forecast but at the most it would just shower a bit. I think when it is humid there is always a chance of rain.

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

If it rains, there is always the movies. Also, when my kids were small they loved the Arcade in York. I spent a lot of money to win enough tickets at their games to redeem for a pencil or an eraser, but they loved it. They have a lot of different games there for different age groups.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

Forecast for the weekend has already begun to change..... forecasters who were saying Saturday could be "a washout with rain most of the day" are now saying "showers likely" and "partial clearing" on Sunday.... Stay tuned... may chance again (and again) between now and the weekend...

7. Re: Weather - this weekend 8.10 - 8.12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations