We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

veterans day weekend in nov.

Suffern, New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
veterans day weekend in nov.

Was thinking of making a quick getaway from suburbs of nyc up to ogunquit in mid november...Will most stores/restaurants be closed? What is the weather typically like in that part of the year. Was thinking of staying at the Grand Hotel as it has good location for marginal way.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
498 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Maine
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

Some restaurants and shops will be closed, but most now are staying open through the Christmas By the Sea weekend in December, especially on weekends. You'll have many options available.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,656 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

" What is the weather typically like in that part of the year."

Temps can run from the low 30's to the low 40's.

You will find more open on the weekends then during the week, some restaurants will be closed other will remain open.

Many Hotels other then the Grand Hotel have great access to the Marginal way, a few being Seacastles, Anchorage, Sparhawk and Sea Chambers.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
498 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
1,080 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Sea Chambers Motel
Sea Chambers Motel
232 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

And don't forget the Beachmere right on The Matginal Way also . Weekend moreplaces open then in thebegining of theweek . Weather can be a question mark at this time of year . Dress warm and if its not raining it can be Beautiful here in Ogunquit at this time of year . Very peaceful.

Mentioned in this post
The Beachmere Inn
The Beachmere Inn
1,099 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

We will be there Sun to Wed and was wondering if stores will be open on Monday the holiday? It looks to be nice weather most of the time and can't wait to walk the beach -hoping to find sand dollars and shells washed up by the storms!

Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

I have another question. Is the Nubble Lighthouse lit up at night this time of year with Christmas lights or or do they come on closer to Christmas?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,656 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

" I have another question. Is the Nubble Lighthouse lit up at night this time of year with Christmas lights or or do they come on closer to Christmas"

I could be wrong, I believe the lights come on the first weekend following Thanksgiving. which would be the 24 of Nov.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

I beleive Dice Man is correct. Its more a Christmas thing with cookies and hot coco etc. on the night they light it . Its Beautiful but could be cold being by the water.

Cicero,NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

Thanks for the info. We've not been to OGT this late in the year and were wondering if the Nubble was lit.I

ve seen the pictures and it indeed looks magical.

Also being a holiday on Monday will the stores be open?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,656 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

" Also being a holiday on Monday will the stores be open"

Im going to say yes, maybe not all of them but a fair amount should be.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: veterans day weekend in nov.

I have been researching restaurants in Ogunquit and several are open for dinner but I am not seeing many open for lunch. There is one open for lunch in Perkins Cove but most open at or after 4 for dinner.

I was hoping more would be open for lunch.

If others know of restaurants open for lunch please post.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Perkins Cove
Perkins Cove
2,003 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME