We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
936 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

On our last visit a few years ago we had one dinner at Joshua's in Wells which was really good. Any thoughts for our trip in May.

Also had a good dinner at a "seafood shack" in Wells. Heading from Ogunquit, I remember making a right turn at the fire house in Wells and the restaurant was on the left. No idea of the name or if it is still there.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Wells
Wells
Maine
Boston
Level Contributor
24,639 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

" I remember making a right turn at the fire house in Wells and the restaurant was on the left. No idea of the name or if it is still there. "

Still there, a great italian restaurant I eat in at least 3 to 4 times a summer, its called Varanos,

http://www.varanos.com/

Mentioned in this post
Wells
Wells
Maine
Boston
Level Contributor
24,639 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

" I remember making a right turn at the fire house in Wells and the restaurant was on the left. No idea of the name or if it is still there. "

Sorry I made a mistake on the above post, the restaurant is The Fishermans catch which is one of my very favorites.

If you take a right at where the USA Motel is

There is a great italian restaurant I eat in at least 3 to 4 times a summer, its called Varanos,

http://www.varanos.com/

Mentioned in this post
Wells
Wells
Maine
Boston
Level Contributor
24,639 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

" On our last visit a few years ago we had one dinner at Joshua's in Wells which was really good. Any thoughts for our trip in May."

To name a few among others.

Bintliffs

MC

Five 0

Gypsy Sweethearts

Cafe Prego

Angelina’s

Katie’s

Boon Island Ale house

Mikes

The Steakhouse

Mentioned in this post
Wells
Wells
Maine
Gypsy Sweethearts
Gypsy Sweethearts
291 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Boston...
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

Joshua's is just as good as ever. Make sure to make reservations. It is my favorite restaurant in the area and I've pretty much tried them all ... even if it is in Wells ;-)

Btw, the walk from Gorges Grant is entirely do-able, just single file without sidewalk for a while but definitely close enough. The hotel is nice. No view whatsoever but otherwise clean and good.

Mentioned in this post
Wells
Wells
Maine
United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

The Maine diner is in Wells.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Wells
Wells
Maine
6. Re: Lobster Pound/Seafood Shack in Wells; Joshua's in Wells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:17