We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy day

PA
Level Contributor
312 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy day

I will be in Ogunquit tomorrow with my kids (teen girls). We planned to take a boat ride, walk the Marginal Way, shop, have lunch. Most of those things will be impossible with to orrow's forecasted storms. Any ideas on how we could send our day instead?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Marginal Way
Marginal Way
4,368 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy day

Go to Kittery and go to the outlets. If you are interested in cooking and cooking items go to Stonewall kitchens in Kittery. They have many types of food items and cooking implements. They also have a cafe there.

Mentioned in this post
Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy day

Hit The Antiques Shops, or check out all the shops in Ogunquit.Each one different and Fun to explore .

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy day

Ogunquit Museum of American Art

http://www.ogunquitmuseum.org/

Barn Gallery

http://www.barngallery.org/

Take umbrellas and rain gear and do some of the things you had originally planned. The Marginal Way is beautiful, even in the rain.

Whatever you do, have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Ogunquit Museum of American Art
Ogunquit Museum of...
381 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Marginal Way
Marginal Way
4,368 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy day

All great suggestions,, hopefully with umbrellas you can still take a walk,, it's neat when it's foggy! (as it it here on Cape right now), and has been when we've been in Maine. Stonewall kitchens is also a fave of mine too. Enjoy your day :)

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
PA
Level Contributor
312 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy day

I was worried that the Marginal Way might be slippery and hazardous in the rain. Do you feel it is safe?

Mentioned in this post
Marginal Way
Marginal Way
4,368 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Maine
Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy day

Stay on the paved path and you'll be fine. It's very safe.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy day

I walk it in all weather rain, snow and sunshine. Its very safe.Don't go down on the rocks its slippery.And each kind of weather it is so Different and Beautiful , Be Safe , Have Fun , Make The most of It and Enjoy !

PA
Level Contributor
312 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy day

Thank you.

9. Re: Rainy day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:18