We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MAtraveler-4
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

My mother-in-law will be with us in Maine. She is in good health and enjoys straight flat paths, though of course (at 90!) we would be avoiding any rocky trails for her. Can anyone comment on the Marginal Way path? This will be our first visit so I am not familiar. Thank you.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

The Marginal Way path is not flat. There are some small incline but no stairs on The Marginak Way . There are plenty of benches also along the way to stop and rest and enjoy the views . Uncle Phil who live in front of me on The Marginal Way is 89 years young and walks it everyday into town for Breakfast with his Friends . Take your time and I think you will have no probelm . Enjoy !

MAtraveler-4
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

Thank you!

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

It is paved and relatively flat much of the way. There are a few small hilly areas, but not extreme and not long. There are many benches along the way with beautiful views, where she can stop to rest.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

Steve you just repeated what I just posted ?And they said Thank You ?

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

I apologize. When I submitted my post your post wasn't showing up. For some reason there was a delay. I would not have sent my post if I saw yours.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

I know Steve I was just Kidding . Are you planing anymore trips this year to Ogunquit ?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

We will be stopping in Ogunquit for the afternoon in early September, and walking the Marginal Way and having a lobsta roll in Perkins Cove are on the top of my list! Where should I park, and what will the fees be on a Friday after Labor Day?

8. Re: ease of marginal way walk for seniors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:23