We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

We will be staying in Ogunquit for 3 nights with a 4 and 7 year old, and grandparents. Does anyone have recommendations for family restaurants within 30 minutes of Ogunquit? Thanks.

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

Just up the road, just before you get into Wells on route ! you will find Mainex. There is a big Moose on the sign. This is a family place to eat. They have huge menu. Tons of campy and Maine items decorating the walls and of course moose every where. The big highlight is that for dessert you can get your own Make your Own Smores. What kid wouldn't be happy with that.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

Hi karenandjeff,

I haven't been in quite awhile, but Billy's Chowder House on Mile Road, just off of route 1 in Wells is very family friendly. It's pretty rustic, nothing fancy but has some nice marsh views if I remember correctly . and has good, basic food at reasonable prices, and offers something for everyone. I used to take my sons there years ago and never felt uncomfortable if they started acting out or fussing.

Hopefully others who have young families and visited Ogunquit recently will pipe in and with more suggestions. Good luck and have a great time in Ogunquit :).

cozyharbor

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

The Maine Diner in Wells is very popular and there will be a wait at prime time, but it's a fun place and the food is outstanding.

Paras Pizza in the Wells Plaza for sandwiches & pizza. It's a thin, crunchy pizza that kids just love.

If you head down to York Harbor, there is a great shop with homemade candy, homemade ice cream and lots of tables in the lunch counter area.

Worcester
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

I agree with the 1st poster... Maniax on Rt 1 in Wells is very kid-friendly. It's about 15-20 minute ride from Ogunquit.

California
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

Ogunquit is very family-oriented, so there are lots of places you can grab a bite with your kids in town. We love the Lobster Shack in Perkins Cove, my husband & I have lobster rolls, the kids love the hot dogs and chili and clam chowder. Barnacle Billy's also has a take out window where you can eat very casually outside, and the Oarweed in Perkins Cove is also very family friendly. There's also a good pizza place on Main St, can't remember the name, but we always eat there a couple of times each week.

There's also an Italian place on Main St. just north of Town, Vinny's I believe it's called, that actually has a family/kids room. It's very kid friendly, almost too kid friendly we thought! But it was fun to try.

Have a great time, you'll find no shortage of places to eat with your kids.

Diane

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

Thanks for all the information. We just returned. We stayed at the Meadowmere which was FABULOUS. I would highly recommend. ALso, we ate at the Maine Diner which was GREAT. Thanks for all the input.

7. Re: Ogunquit area restaurants with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations