We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

Recommendations?

Enfield, CT
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

I would suggest either Joe Allen's on Main St, MC Perkins Cove, or Five-O Shore Rd. It all depends on what you consider romantic, and how much you're willing to spend.

APURK

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

The Blue Willow in Perkins Cove. Lovely setting right on the water.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

APURK,

Which of the three restaurants is your favorite? Why? I guess I'm looking for a place with good food, good atmosphere....We're in our mid 30's, used to going out to places in Boston for nice dinners so okay with spending some $ on dinner if it's good, not just overpriced....

Thanks!

Enfield, CT
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

Of the three, I would have to say my favorite is MC's. It's located right on the water in Perkins Cove. All three serve excellent food, so the location is what makes this restaurant my favorite. You'll have a romantic dinner by candelight overlooking the crashing waves of the Atlantic.

You can check out the menu at their website: MCPERKINSCOVE.com.

Enjoy.

APURK

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

Arrows, if you can afford it.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

Dear APURK,

Is MC the former Hurricane restaurant? If so, I'd have to agree that the location of the place is great, offers stunning views, and i s very romantic :).

cozyharbor

cozyharbor

Ogunquit
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

MC Perkins is the former location of Hurricane's (now located in Dock square kennebunkport)

My two favorite romantic spots in Ogunquit are 98 Provence www.98provence.com and Gypsy sweethearts www.gypsysweethearts.com

Provence has an amazing menu, small intimate dining area (maybe 20 tables) unhurried service and a great wine menu. Gypsy's is almost in the town square with tables on the enclosed porch with a fantastic menu, full bar and wine selections, and Judy the owner/chef makes it all from scratch.

thats my 2 cents.......

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

The blue willow is for old timers I believe for the age bracket that you are. We are from n.y.and older than you and I thought the place was perfect for granny...great view and o.k. food is m.c. perkin but we just got back gave it another try during lunch which was very good so tried dinner and it was so noisy,the service was mediocre and the food was so-so.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

Blue Willow for oldtimers? I disagree. MC Perkins has a lovely view, is overpriced, not much food on the plate and can get a little loud at dinner time. Blue Willow has the same spectacular view, the food is excellent and ample, the atmosphere is nice and the staff are not pretentious. It still gets my vote over MC's and we are far from being classed as oldtimers or granny!

Ogunquit, Maine
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Good restaurant for romantic dinner?

The Old Village Inn is VERY romantic, very good food, and very reasonably priced. It is an historic inn, almost 200 years old, dark, quiet and cozy. The service is top-notch, unhurried and professional. Not a bad wine list, either!

I also love 98 Provence. First-class French cuisine, intimate atmosphere.