We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

new york
Level Contributor
133 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

We just got back from a wonderful week in ogunquit. It is absolutely beautiful and I just can't wait to go back. Thought I would post a few things that may help answer some of the questions you all asked. You were all so helpful when we were planning our trip.

We loved the Milestone Resort. It is a sister hotel to the GG and the Juniper Hill. All are beautiful, clean, friendly, and well maintained hotels. The Milestone is a little further down the way on Route 1 than the other two, but you just had to cross the street and walk a 1/4 mile down the road to the footbridge beach. Worked out perfect with the kids in that it is set back from the road, has nice lawns to sit out or play ball, pool area was quiet, and everything was clean. Water is clear and sand is beautifully clean at the footbridge beach. It can get crowded yet definately is less congested than the beach by the norseman resort. I would drive down each morning with car and drop off the kids and husband and parents and beach needs then walk back. Very easy to do. Parking was $15 a day and sometimes parking was full. You could also take the trolley if need to. Loved the footbridge beach. The beach down by the norseman was packed with wall to wall people by thursday. Not sure that I would like staying at the norseman with no pool and all of the people in the front yard so to speak.

The village of oqunquit was quaint and busy with people and car traffic at night, yet fun to walk in. Lots of restaurants and shops. Trolley ran till 11:00pm. Hotels that I would also look into next time we go back would be the Sparhawk and the Anchorage by the sea. Both very nice, clean, with nice pools and incredible views . These hotels had easy access to the marginal way for walking and for going into town. I would probably still go down to the footbridge beach though.

I can't say enough about the marginal way and Perkins Cove. This is where I enjoyed my mornings. Walked the marginal way from Perkins cove to the norseman and then the whole beach back toward the milestone. PEACE AND TRANQUILTY. Just absolutely inspiring and awesome. Kids and husband took the Loster tour with Finest boat tours at perkins cove and had a great time. Only 50 minutes long, but very informative and wonderful view of the coastline. I can see why people go here year after year. It is like nowhere else and is without a doubt a "beautiful place by the Sea".

Mentioned in this post
The Milestone
The Milestone
319 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Juniper Hill Inn
Juniper Hill Inn
520 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
1,072 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Perkins Cove
Perkins Cove
1,987 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

Welcome back Skylar. Reading your post is making me so anxious for our annual jaunt. We go the first 2 wks of September after the crowds have left. We also enjoy walking along the beach from the Norseman to Footbridge Beach and then Trolleying it back to wherever we're staying. Last year we did the Whale Watching "cruise" from Perkins Cove. What a delight!

Glad you enoyed Ogunquit. It really does live up to it's name

Mentioned in this post
Norseman Resort
Norseman Resort
400 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Footbridge Beach
Footbridge Beach
316 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Perkins Cove
Perkins Cove
1,987 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

Dear skylar64,

Thanks so much for reporting back. There's nothing like recent, hands on experience to help others decide where to go, stay, dine, etc. :) !

cozyharbor

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

What an informative review! I thank you for all of the helpful info!

I am going to GG hotel and was wondering about the walk to the Foot. beach, but now I hear it's not so bad from a hotel that's further away - great news!

At night, 9 or 10 pm or even 11pm, were there a lot of people walking back to the GG hotel from the village restaurants?

Wondering if it is safer to take trolley to/from village to eat @ night.

Also, what clothes should I pack? How's the weather @ nite?

:)

new york
Level Contributor
133 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

I would check weather.com for the outlook before you go. We brought sweatshirts for night in case it chilled off. There were people who walked back and who took trolley. We walked back from town one afternoon to the milestone and it was a little bit far. The milestone is closer to the footbridge beach than the GG. I would consider a car/drop off or trolley if you are carrying a lot of stuff. The GG looked very pretty from the outside and I have heard from people who have stayed there that it is very nice. Have a great time.

staten island n.y.
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

THanks for the report I am going Sept 14 -17 Cant decide between the Scottsman Inn a B and b Or the Anchorge. I would try yhe Band b but think my husband would perfer the hotel. Where did you eat ? and nice places for breakfast etc Thanks

6. Re: Just back from ogunquit and Milestone Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 08:23