We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonial Inn

middleport ny
6 posts
Save Topic
Colonial Inn

We Just returned from a great 4 days in Ogunquit.And we stayed at the Colonial Inn.Our second time staying there.Despite some of the reviews I read we went back again.It is sort uf rustic,but a great place.The staff is Kind,and very helpful,and the breakfast very satisfying.I will no doubt stay there again next year.

As for resteraunts stay away from Joe Allens.We asked to be seated outside but the host said the forecast called for rain so no patio.Despite the fact it was just about dusk and the wasn't a cloud in the sky.Our waitress was a young girl who was not very courtious at all,and the food was Marginal at best.Go to the cove and eat at the

Lobster pound Instead.Better staffed and better quality food.Also a short drive down the coast by the Nubble Lighthouse is Fox's. A nice place for a light lunch with a beautiful view.Excellent Lobster bisque.

I can never say enough about the Marginal way!! From perkins cove to Ogunquit beach,Walked it twice a day and met many nice poeople along the way.To just sit by the Ocean and relax and watch the end of the day is a good way to unwind in the evening.Or better yet Get up early and watch an Incredible sunrise as we did.And we were not the only ones waiting to see the first glimpse of the sun to peek over the horizon.

We also did the Deborah Anne Whale Watch.It was nice and we saw some beautiful Humpback and Fin Whales. It was about 2 !/2 hours to the spot where the whales feed.And then another 2 1/2 back in.Take warm clothes when you go out,It's generally 10 to 15 degrees cooler on the water.And you'll want to take you're own snack and drink as nothing is served on the boat.The crew of two were great and very informative of what we were seeing.If you have any questions please ask. And Also to see some good pictures I have posted on the Kodak Gallery let me know and E mail adress and I will send them to you.

KK

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
406 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonial Inn

What a lovely review. We're headed down just after Labour Day and I can't wait. We did the Deborah Anne Whale Watch last year and enjoyed every minute of it. I've never thought of watching the sunrise from the Marginal Way...will have to do that this year for sure.

Is it the Lobster Shack in Perkins Cove that you are referring to? We stumbled across that last year and just loved the food and the atmosphere.

Thanks for the review. My appetite is whetted!