We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milestone vs. Meadowmere

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Milestone vs. Meadowmere

I have booked a last minute trip to Ogunquit with my family for three nights the first week of August. We currently have a room booked at the Milestone (two doubles was all I could get). However, I've also been looking at the Meadowmere--they also have double rooms available. They both get good reviews, although a lot more people seem to have gone to the Meadowmere. Anyone familiar with either's proximity to town/attractions and which would be better for a family with two teenagers? (Meadowmere seems to have a few more things to offer). Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
406 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milestone vs. Meadowmere

Meadowmere is a better location....much closer to Ogunquit Village and The Beach. There are very few places you can get to on foot from the Milestone

New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milestone vs. Meadowmere

I agree that the Milestone is a nice property but it is not conveniently located to the town center or the main beach. You could probably walk to the Footbridge Beach which is the most northern part of Ogunquit Beach. I have not stayed at the Meadowmere, but many people seem to like it. It is more convenient to the town and to the main beach although there are properties which are more convenient.

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milestone vs. Meadowmere

Thank you--that is what I thought. I know there are places better located, but when you're booking only two weeks in advance in August, there aren't a lot of options. The rooms seem comparable, the Meadowmere is slightly more expensive, but maybe worth the extra $ for location.

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
406 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milestone vs. Meadowmere

Have you tried The Juniper Hill Inn? Same owners as The Milestone, however the property is far better located. We've stayed at The Juniper many times and have never been disappointed. Try to get a room in either the Perkins or Chase building. If in the main inn, try to get a room you can access from outside.

Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milestone vs. Meadowmere

Unfortunately, I don't think the Juniper is available for our dates--but thank you.

6. Re: Milestone vs. Meadowmere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit
Recent Conversations