We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cat Lovers Visiting in Early June

Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Cat Lovers Visiting in Early June

My husband and I stayed in Ogunquit for the first time in early-June 2006, and absolutely loved everything! We are planning to return again this year, same time, most likely returning to The Terrace By The Sea, which was absolutely purfect! When we were in town last year, we caught something in the local paper and now cannot locate it. I believe that for the 2007 season, shops in town are going to have differently painted cat and dog statues on display? The money collected for purchase of the statues would be going to a local animal shelter? We are from CT, and West Hartford did this with statues of cows a couple of years ago and it was so interesting to see - all painted differently, some with wild colors, some with fake "diamonds", etc.

We are big-time cat lovers and are hoping that what we vaguely remember may be correct?

We loved the Maine Diner, too and that wonderful candy shop!

Thank you in advance!!

Kat Mom

Mentioned in this post
Terrace by the Sea
Terrace by the Sea
307 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Hartford
Hartford
Connecticut
Maine Diner
Maine Diner
2,166 Reviews
Wells, ME
New York
Level Contributor
360 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cat Lovers Visiting in Early June

If you go to the calendar of events at Ogunquit.org you will see that the event is called Pawsitively Ogunquit. They are having a show on the main beach under a tent on April 15 showing all of the cats. A phone number is posted on the Web site

Mentioned in this post
Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cat Lovers Visiting in Early June

Thank you, Attny. Steve! I actually did find that website late last night! There seemed to be more dogs than cats, but it sounds as though they add more pictures on to the site.

Again, thanks for your reply!!

3. Re: Cat Lovers Visiting in Early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 14:22