We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ogunquit News.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
Ogunquit News.

According to some of my various sources in Ogunquit some major changes are coming.

At the moment all of this is in the wind and only time will tell.

Front Porch has been sold, Im told the deal is 95% done.

The Amore café is leaving its present location and will team up with Café Prego for breakfast service. This one sounded a bit strange since Amore can seat 10 times what Prego can.

Gypsy Sweethearts owners are looking to sell or lease the property, time to retire.

The owner of Jackie's Too restaurant in Perkins Cove is teaming up with a big restaurant owner in Mass and will take the former La Playa restaurant and turn it into a Family Italian/American restaurant, word is the name is going to be Angelo's.

The Ogunquit Playhouse Bought the Leavitt Theatre and will use it for children's programs.

The Blue Water Inn structure is being built, word is once its done it might be sold to the Norseman.

Don't forget OGUNQUITFEST, Friday Oct 21, 2016 - Sunday Oct 23, 2016

Fun fall festival with activities for the whole family

…ogunquit.org/events/…ogunquitfest-1542

Yesterday was a beautiful day into the 70's, spent most of the day with some friends on the beach. The town was somewhat busy with people coming in for the Holiday weekend.

The town had a great year seems no matter who you talk to sales, profits and tourist were up in 2016.

41 replies to this topic
New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Ogunquit News.

Have you heard anything about Blintiffs? there is a for sale sign there.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
2. Re: Ogunquit News.

No, Blintiffs has been for sale for a few years now off and on. They really have to decide what their doing since the interior needs a Major overhaul and a cleaning, I know people seem to love the place but personally I can't eat in the restaurant.

L B
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Ogunquit News.

Angelo's, formerly LaPlaya is now open and I've heard the food is very good. Hope to try it myself this week.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
4. Re: Ogunquit News.

Angelos will take some business away from some of the village restaurants but until I try it Angelina's Ristorante is still my top choice for Italian.

L B
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Ogunquit News.

I had a bad experience at Angelina's and we haven't gone back since and don't plan on it. We head out of town when we want Italian now so I'm hoping it's as good as I've heard.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Ogunquit News.

Sounds exactly like a post I would have written. I had a poor experience at Angelina's and will travel outside OGT for Italian fare.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
7. Re: Ogunquit News.

The reviews of Angelina's is almost 5 stars and the place itself is just about booked every weekend during the summer months.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Years ago the owner, David, didn't always live up to treating his customers comes first approach, this earned him some very bad reviews.

Texas
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
219 reviews
8. Re: Ogunquit News.

Our time in Ogunquit is limited therefore so are the opportunities to try various restaurants. If you could only pick one, would you choose Angelina's or Five-O Shore Road?

Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
9. Re: Ogunquit News.

Two Very different types of restaurants, For Italian I would still choose Angelina's but I have not tried the new place Angelos which just opened. One of my best and Most Consistent is The Front Porch, great food and great service. If I feel like a small drive to Wells I will also eat at Varanos Italian restaurant.

http://www.varanos.com/

Texas
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
219 reviews
10. Re: Ogunquit News.

Thanks DiceMan. The Front Porch is on my list. I also want to check out the piano bar. I love those!

Is Angelina's and/or Five-O Shore Road the kind f places you need reservations for, or could we just wait and decide what we are in the mood for at the time?

Meanwhile...

I will keep reading reviews. I appreciate your response! :D

Edited: 22 March 2017, 01:26
Reply to: Ogunquit News.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted