We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
81 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

Has anyone stayed at the Edgewater Motel inOOB? I am arriving next weekend and wondered if it is an appropriate choice, and not filled with 20 somethings? Like the area, will the beach be very very busy for the pre-holiday weekend?

Buffalo, New York
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

I hope all the negative reviews are not how this place is. I just booked this place today for 4 nights, and just now seeing good and some not so good reviews. But then again, do you belive everything on the internet? We need someone to chime in here about the Edgewater..........

Boston...
Level Contributor
81 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

Did stay at the Edgewater. It was great, but very busy fourth of July week. I had the corner room on top floor, very clean great view, gas fireplace and beautiful view. The only drawback to this room was everyone else came and looked at the view and they were loud and because you had hardwood floors you could hear people walking. The staff/owners great. Location ideal. Make sure that your locks work before locking your door I had trouble with my keys. I would highly recommend this motel. It is probably one of the nicer places on OOB although much more$$$ it is worth it if you get the oceanfront rooms. Alot of the other places attract a different element and are dated not smoke free and nothing special. This place was immaculate, well decorated and charming, the wet bar refridge and microwave made it all the more convenient since most of the restaurants are fast food it was nice to have healthy snacks in the room. Oh, and the Jacuzzi was an added bonus after taking long walks on the beach!! . I will be going back in Aug. hope you enjoy also!!!

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

We loved the Edgewater......very clean and nice room, with a mini micorwave and frig..i mean mini..

But, yes, people walk past your room and you can hear them...it is a community balcony.....where on the top floor there is a huge space with tables and chairs for everyone to sit...Our room was right in front of that...a bit aggravating, but we dealt with it. (YOU STILL HAVE CHAIRS IN FRONT OF YOUR ROOM TO SIT)

I liked the brightness of the place, the people I met and talked too. I am a die hard Sox fan and ran into a lot of Yankee fans, and still managed to have fun (lol).

We tried to get into the Edgewater two weeks ago, nothing open Stayed at the Waves and it was a god forbid dump...

I can't imagne not likeing the Edgewater.....Except, if you like a private balcony, than that might be a problem..HOWEVER...i am very fussy about being private and I didn't mind that at all.,

Edgewater is a great place. and OOB is so much fun..you can walk to everywhere, never have to drive.

Have fun.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

PS We stayed oceanfront on the second floor...great view, but, we were in front of the community deck....but, let me tell you, at night, sitting on that deck was wonderful, especially with a drink in hand!'

Enjoy

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

Sorry, I meant oceanview....was watching the end of the Sox game....yea, we won!

6. Re: Anyone stayed at the Edgewater, how is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach