We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachwood motel?

Woburn...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
beachwood motel?

Hi, Has anyone stayed at the beachwood motel? Let me know if you have I would love to hear about it. Thank you

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beachwood motel?

It's right on the beach, second away from all the attractions and the pier. You can walk anywhere!

We stayed there twice....Great owners..Pool is heated, which is great.

Rooms were outdated, but kept clean. We stayed oceanview on the second floor. It has a frig, microwave, stove, I think, etc. Plenty of room, we had four sleep great! It's a shared deck, but really nice.

Again, when we went, the rooms were outdated, but don't know if they have done them over since.

We loved it there! The beach was the best and just being able to walk to the Pier was great! Never had to get in our car. We brought food and drink to bring there.

It's always packed and hard to get a reservation. Probably cause it's the closest resort to the pier on the beachside.

Nancy

boston
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beachwood motel?

This was our third year staying the Beachwood. The new owner is the son of the nice old man who used to own it. Unfortunately, this guy is the Norman Bates of Old Orchard Beach. At 12 am on the first night after handing him $1400 in cash, we accidently locked the keys in our room and knocked on the office door to have him open it, but he was just standing there inside watching us like he was in a daze. My kids were exhausted and we were left with no option but to go through the window by removing the screen. He saw this and jumped outside yelling at us to get out or he'll call the police for vandalism and we' werent going to get our money back. My 2 little girls we hysterically crying and my older daughter even offered to pay for the screen which wasn't even damaged. He came to his senses somewhat and allowed us to give him 40 extra dollars for a new screen. (We saw him put the same dirty old one back in after we checked out). The rest of the week was like walking on eggshells. Vacation from hell.

This guy, who's name we believe is ray, ruined the trip that we save up for every year. This motel with the old man in charge was worth the price of the run down rooms simply due to its location to the peir, beach and pool and hottub ammenities. This new kid jacked up the room rates this year $15 extra dollars to make an average room run about $200 a night with tax during the season. Perhaps this is to pay for his new surveillance cameras which are set up all over the property. With the rooms in desperate need of remodelling, a jacuzzi that is run down, and a jerk watching your every move, my advice is to stay at one of the many other nice motels on the strip...and save a few bucks in the process.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beachwood motel?

Thanks Pats....

That's good to know.....It was also run down when I went there.

Boy, that owner sounds like a nut! I've never heard of anything so bad...you're poor kids!

Sorry for all you had to go through. You should report him, and you should try to get your money back.

I would so go to the Better Business Bureau.

Again, so sorry.....

Take care...

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beachwood motel?

Pats...

Make sure you write a trip review and have it posted.

Again, thanks, I was going to plan a few days there at the end of August, NO way now...I'll stick with the Edgewater.

Take care

5. Re: beachwood motel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations