We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yea, it's only May but...

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Yea, it's only May but...

..I'm getting anxious to visit Maine and OOB again for the 25th year.

Requesting from the locals--are there any surprises in store for the visitor this summer?

Has the amusement area downtown been closed yet for new condo's?

How's the economy? Gas is much more reasonable so I'm expecting good crowds this summer unless Obama continues with his self destruct plan on saving the economy.

Many thanks! Old Orchard Beach here we come!!

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yea, it's only May but...

OOB is alive and well. The amusements are still there. Hopefully we are in store for a long, hot summer. We will be sticking around this summer and having a Staycation. Cant go wrong at the Beach.

Enjoy!

Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yea, it's only May but...

UPDATE. As it turned out we aren't going to OOB this summer and it looks like it was a good choice. From what I heard it's been rain, rain, and rain!

The is the first time in 25 years that I haven't visited Maine in the summer.

I'm in a funk...

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yea, it's only May but...

You can't always believe the weather forecasts. The last two days were supposed to have been cloudy, but have been nice beach days instead. We are seeing a good amount of day trippers. You might not get a whole week of clear skies and temps in the 80's with low humidity, but you can still vacation.

4. Re: Yea, it's only May but...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach