We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

does ol orchard beach seems down a lot

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
6 posts
Save Topic
does ol orchard beach seems down a lot

hi, i stayed in oob a few weeks ago and had a great time, but now it seems that with the eonomy being very bad, there are a lot of places that have many vacancies and is a very depressing mood. i didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that usually comes with summer in oob. i am trying to reserve for a week in august and i cannot believe how many places still had so many openings. I was choosing between 4 placesnd each one kept lowering and offering more, but yet i am hesitant. what do you think i should do? do you thhanksink the moo will change or shold i go someplace else?

t

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: does ol orchard beach seems down a lot

On the other hand...you can be happy that everything will be less crowded!

My family is going up in July, and we know plenty of people who will be up there this summer.

Maybe some people aren't travelling, even to OOB, but I think it will still be plenty of people and the same mood going on

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: does ol orchard beach seems down a lot

"i didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling that usually comes with summer in oob."

I think most of us in Maine right now will agree that summer really hasn't started. It's hard to get in an OOB mood when it won't stop raining. However, the forecast looks much better starting on Thursday, so I think things will head back to normal.

3. Re: does ol orchard beach seems down a lot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations