We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i cancel

connecticut
6 posts
Save Topic
can i cancel

hi., me again, we booked the next week in OOB snd we see that it is going to rain all week. we are going to cancel, and wonder if all of our deposit will be given back or just a bit. we gave 50% down as a deposit.

thank you

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: can i cancel

I think you may be misreading the weather forecast. When I look at it, it says there is a 30%, 40% or 60% chance of scattered or isolated thunderstorms or showers, depending on the day. You may not get any rain at all on a particular day, and if you do, it should be intermittent. Also, temperatures look very pleasant.

If you still want to cancel, you'll have to check with your facility, since different places have different policies.

Good luck.

Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i cancel

I've been going to OOB for over 25 years and I can't count how many times they called for rain and nothing happened. Yet, maybe 5 miles down the road it rained! I think out of all these years I had only two vacations ruined by rain.

One year the fog in OOB was horrendous. But driving to the main highway the sun was out! Go figure.

Okay, this is a dated post but applicable to anyone else who might have the same concern.

connecticut
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: can i cancel

i know what you mean. that happened a few times to us. the beach always gets the fog, mist and rain, and then you head to hannafords intown and it is gorgeous.only problem, i can't sit at the beach at hannafords (he-he) we did check with friends who are up there now and they said yesterday was nice but the fog and rain started heading in.the weekend is supposed to have one good day and then 5 days of showers and/or thundrstorms. we did cancel, but the motel owner said he has received so many cancellations that he cannot refund all the money. oh well maybe next year

Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can i cancel

Is it legal to request a 50% deposit? I thought the law said 1/3 only?

I've never had to or requested to pay 50% for a deposit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can i cancel

Or if you are staying at a motel/hotel I think you are only required to put down a one nights stay as a deposit.

Of course I'll stand to be corrected.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can i cancel

Different places have different policies. You really need to read the terms agreed to when you book. A lot of vacation rentals require 50% to book and full payment before arrival.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can i cancel

I hope you didn't lose too much money. The weather up here in Bar Harbor is absolutely gorgeous - can't say what's happening in OOB. Yesterday they were calling for rain all day. It was foggy and a couple scattered showers, but mostly a nice day. Today is in the 80's with bright sunshine. Expecting more of the same for tomorrow. You can never trust the weather forecast for Maine!

8. Re: can i cancel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations