We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old orchard beach vs ocean city maryland

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
old orchard beach vs ocean city maryland

good morning to all,im planning to vacation with my 3 toddlers and wife to old orchard beach or ocean city maryland in late june but cant decide on which one to go to.,any advise or recommendation would be appreciated.driving times from my home would be 7 hours to oob, and 9.5 hours to ocm regards paul l.

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
839 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: old orchard beach vs ocean city maryland

If you want a nice family beach in DE, check out Bethany or Rehoboth Beaches. Close to Ocean City but minus the party scene and lots to do. OOB is great but the temperatures in june will be very different.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: old orchard beach vs ocean city maryland

Haven't been on the OOB forum for awhile, but heading there in a few weeks and saw this post so thought I would comment (although I know it's a few months old). We've been going to OOB for about seven years (our son is now 10) and we love it there. I used to go to Ocean City and Rehobeth with my parents when I was young (we lived in Northern Virginia) and always had fun there too. The main reason we stay at OOB vs OC or Rehobeth is that it's a closer drive from Ottawa. I do find the ocean temp much cooler in OOB - but that's the only negative for us - beach is beautiful and we always have fun at night at the pier and love the seafood. Not sure if you're french or english speaking - I'm english but my husband is french and son is bilingual - certainly more tourists in OOB are french speaking so something to keep in mind.

13. Re: old orchard beach vs ocean city maryland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations