We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turning 21...yeahhhhhh

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts
2 posts
Save Topic
Turning 21...yeahhhhhh

Okay, for the last 3 years of my life I have been going to misquamicut, RI. I am sick of going there and would love to find a new fun place to go.

Considering I am going to be 21.

I heard about Old Orchard Beach in Maine. I have never been there in my life. But I am afraid about picking a hotel to stay at. I read all these reviews and they kind of scare me.

For instance I was really looking into the CREST MOTEL, it looks so nice but the reviews about it stunk.

Any suggestions for a nice hotel at oob???

I want to be on the water and I perfer the hotel has a pool (heated).

Thank u

for your help.

Madison, Maine
Level Contributor
187 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turning 21...yeahhhhhh

Skip Old Orchard Beach and drive another 25 minutes to Portland. The Old Port in the Summer is much more fun and a whole lot classier than OOB. Granted, we hear about OOB sort of rejuvenating itself, but I went college down in that area in the early 90's and in the two times I have visited since not much has changed and OOB is still kind of sketchy. (I think it says something that the college students in the next town over skip right by OOB and head up to Portland)

If you are driving, there are plenty of reasonably priced chain hotels in South Portland and a little way out of the Old Port area. For your night on the town, take a cab to the Old Port and program the number into your cell for a pick-up later on. You may have to wait a half hour+ for your ride, but it is way better then fighting with Old Port parking or going home newly 21 with a new DUI on your record.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3121-Summer_Fu…

2. Re: Turning 21...yeahhhhhh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach