We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacationing with a Dog

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacationing with a Dog

We are looking into going to OOB next year and want to bring our dog. I know they can't be on the beach between 10am and 5pm but what are the other guidelines? Can they be on the pier? Can they be in the downtown area? The place we are going to rent allows dogs so I'm curious if he has to stay home all the time or not? I'd like to think I could walk him around town day and night at least.

Boston...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacationing with a Dog

I don't think dogs are welcome in the square area during the day:

"It shall be unlawful for the owner of any dog or other animal to permit such dog or other

animal within the following described area: Within the public way from the top of Old Orchard

Street to the beach, which includes the area known as the square, during the period from

Memorial Day to Labor Day from the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m."

There are so many dog friendly places outside of OOB to spend days, if you want to bring the dog. For example, Wolfe's Neck park in Freeport is a beautiful place to picnic, and dogs are welcome in much of the downtown area if you like to shop. Also, Portland Head Light is a must-see, and dogs are welcome there too.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Vacationing with a Dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations