We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nites old orchard beach

Which Old Orchard Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
3 posts
Save Topic
2 nites old orchard beach

just looking a nice clean room on the beach close to action...money not an object......juts passing by on the way to sylvana 3oo.....appreciate your help....thanks

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nites old orchard beach

Hi stefanopy,

Are you deadset on staying in OOB for some reason? If not, you might want to think of staying in Oqunquit which is just south of there by maybe 20 to 30 minutes or so and is a lovely beachy sort of town. I've stayed at The Beachmere Inn several times and it's lovely and right on the water. Their website is www.beachmereinn.com. Check it out.

Meanwhile, good luck and maybe those more familiar with OOB will respond with some recommendations if that's where you really want to stay :).

cozyharbor

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nites old orchard beach

www.gullmotel.com

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nites old orchard beach

We spent one nite in OOB and we didn't care for it. It was different type of tourists there. There is an amusement park down by the pier. I think it's ok for families but for my husband and I, wasn't for us.

We stayed at Waves and we had quite the experience. The room we got isn't what I paid for. They just recently bought some old place next door(it's a yellow and brown building) and we got our keys and went to our room and I about died. It had some raggy old couch with a small tv, a kitchenette and the bedroom was in the back, with some old dressor along the wall. No window, air conditioner, nothing. It looked like a ghetto apartment. Paid 172.00 for that, no way. Went to office and they upgraded us to another building (C) and that was better. We had to pay 40.00 extra but there was no way I was going to stay where they originally put us.

We met some people down at the Pier. There are bars, places to eat, shops on the famous Pier. They were staying at the Beachwood and the Normandy for years and highly recommended them both.

I see someone recommened the gull, it was nice looking.

I'd stay away from Waves unless you know for certain you have building C room. They also have another hotel across the street. Just be careful if you stay at waves....

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nites old orchard beach

Also, I would try to stay somewhere else other then OOB. It's an amusement park atmosphere. Lots of close hotels, in and out marts. It's a beach town.

They do have a beautiful beach to walk...but if that is not your cup of tea, seriously stay somewhere else....

Maine
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nites old orchard beach

I've stayed at the Edgewater in the off season when we had a 5 day power outage. Found it to be just far enough from the Pier to be quiet but still a nice easy walk. Clean and well equipped rooms, most with at least a kitchenette. Beach cottage theme decorating. They've got a pool and a path to the beach. They seem to have very good reviews on TripAdvisor as well.

http://www.theedgewatermotorinn.com/

6. Re: 2 nites old orchard beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations