We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner around billowhouse / OOB

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
dinner around billowhouse / OOB

Hi there,

We will be staying at the billowhouse for 6 nights and are looking for some dinner suggestions. We mostly would like lobster / seafood at night, easy lunches to travel with. We have a car so can travel for good food (I love lobster). I know Maine is famous for lobster, but are there any oyters raised locally? Thanks in advance - we will be there mid june

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner around billowhouse / OOB

Mid-june many places in the area have just re-opened for the season so service can be iffy as they've just hired a bunch of college kids for the summer. Lobster and clams will not be hard to find , Huots and Wormwoods are in Camp Ellis a short drive from Billowhouse. I think there is only one dining option within walking distance of Billowhouse (it's in a VERY quiet old-school section of beach)... but several within a couple of miles. Ken's Place, Clambake , Salty Bay and Bayleys are all in Pine Point about ten minutes drive and feature the Maine classics, lobster-shack style. There is also plenty of dining straight up route 5 towards Saco. For your best bets I would check yelp.com, searching in Saco Maine , in Old Orchard and in Scarborough.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner around billowhouse / OOB

I would put Huot's at the top of that list. You can now call ahead for seating and/or reservations.

Niskayuna, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner around billowhouse / OOB

The yellow tail is just across from Billowhouse...it's byob.

4. Re: dinner around billowhouse / OOB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Old Orchard Beach
Recent Conversations