We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pleasant place for lunch?

florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pleasant place for lunch?

What we're looking for is a place where the food is good, but also one that's pleasant to sit in. Not necessarily with a great view (though that'd be a bonus), but one where it's not too noisy and where we wouldn't feel rushed. We'll be meeting people we haven't seen in a number of years and will have only those few hours together. Hoping to get good recommendations for that sort of get-together. Thanks!

Also: Is there a great lobster roll place in Portland not far from the airport, or on the way from the airport to 95 north?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
The Green Elephant
££ - £££, Asian, Thai
Flatbread Company
££ - £££, American, Pizza
Duckfat
££ - £££, American
Central Maine
Level Contributor
451 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pleasant place for lunch?

Perhaps the Old Port Sea Grill would fit the bill. Pleasant room; should be quiet at lunch and can be more leisurely. Best items are super fresh fish, simply prepared. No views but across the street (Commercial St) from the Portland waterfront...suitable for strolling pre or post meal. Also pleasant walking in the Old Port section of town,

www.oldportseagrill.com

Mentioned in this post
Old Port Sea Grill
Old Port Sea Grill
386 Reviews
Portland, ME
Old Port
Old Port
984 Reviews
Portland, ME
Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pleasant place for lunch?

I can't think of anything close to the airport for a good lobster roll. Are you doing this in the summer? If you're willing to drive a little, you can combine the lobster roll with a fabulous vista such as The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth (20 minutes from airport.) For lunch, the Sea Grill is a good suggestion, and there's tons of others in the Old Port, too. For more casual, the Dry Dock has a wonderful upper deck that overlooks the harbor (burgers, fish sandwich, etc). In South Portland, the Saltwater Grill and Joe's Boathouse both have wonderful indoor and outdoor seating with great views looking across the harbor at Portland and/or the Casco Bay Islands. Not sure about your request of "on way from the airport to 95 north" - 95 is right next to the airport, which is next to the mall which is like every other mall area in the world. There's the Olive Garden, TGIFriday's, Outback, etc. restaurants if you were looking for lunch in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Lobster Shack
Lobster Shack
892 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Old Port
Old Port
984 Reviews
Portland, ME
Casco Bay Islands
Casco Bay Islands
502 Reviews
Portland, ME
3. Re: pleasant place for lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:19