We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brothers Visiting Portland

MDB
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brothers Visiting Portland

Brothers ranging in age from mid 20s to mid 40s are uniting in Portland for three days this weekend. Please advise on day time activities, fishing? sports? and favorite bars. Thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brothers Visiting Portland

If you want to get in some "fishing, sports", the L.L. Bean Walk-On Adventures might be just the ticket for you. Check out:

llbean.com/outdoorsOnline/…

Where's everybody staying? If you're in the Old Port, you'll find your own favorite bar amongst the dozen outside your door. You're in luck: the Seadogs are in town this weekend - they're the Red Sox AA team. Friday and Saturday night, Sunday afternoon. For some other activities, search back through this forum and in the Overview, etc. for lots of ideas.

MDB
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brothers Visiting Portland

Thanks, we are staying at the Eastham which I think is in the Old Port...

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brothers Visiting Portland

The Eastland is a few blocks from the Old Port, but easily walkable. I don't know specifically about fishing, but I wonder if there are fishing boats that leave from the piers in the old port. You might try Googling "Fishing Excursions Portland ME" or something like that and see what comes up. Also look for the Portland Chamber of COmmerce.

MDB
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brothers Visiting Portland

Thank you, any recommendations on where to hear music, blues or jazz, international, also any salsa dancers out there?

PS. I checked the Sea Dogs page and it looks like they are not in town.

5. Re: Brothers Visiting Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 15:20