We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three day weekend trip to Maine 9/21 - 9/23

Indiana
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Three day weekend trip to Maine 9/21 - 9/23

We are traveling to Portland at the end of September and would like to see as much of Maine as possible.

We are looking for good seafood (of course) restaurants and any unique sites that would be enjoyable.

We usually drive everywhere and try to see everything possible during our short stay.

We plan on a longer trip next year but this will just be from Friday until Sunday.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three day weekend trip to Maine 9/21 - 9/23

On the assumption that Friday and Sunday are your travel days, I'm figuring you're looking at two nights and a day and maybe a half of exploring time. Now, imagine that I posted I'd like to "see as much of Indiana as possible" in that timeframe. Maine is only slightly smaller than Indiana, so your best bet is to pick one area (such as Greater Portland) to explore. There's a lot of info on TripAdvisor for you to find on your own to help give you ideas. Just look at Overview, Attractions, etc here, as well as on the Maine site (instead of specifically Portland.) And on these Forums, read through the responses to questions just like yours. Should navigation through any of these throw you for a loop, just re-post and we can give you more specific instructions for finding info - as well as reply when you have questions as you learn more about the area.

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three day weekend trip to Maine 9/21 - 9/23

Be sure to drive out to Cape Elizabeth for a crabmeat roll at the Lobster Shack on Two Lights Park. I think they are still open at that time of year. Most enjoyable!

3. Re: Three day weekend trip to Maine 9/21 - 9/23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 05:27