We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Portland

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marblehead
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Portland

What do you think is the nicest hotel or inn in Portland for a romantic getaway?? Also need a romantic restaurant suggestion

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Portland

I've heard that the Regency is nice, and the most romantic restaurant is The Roma.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Portland

In Portland city limits, The Danforth is nice.

Not in Portland per se, but in adjoining towns are Inn By the Sea in Cape Elizabeth and The Black Point Inn in Scarborough. Both are very nice. Plus, both have beach access just a couple of hundred yards away, so nice strolls along the water.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Portland

I agree with others - Black Point Inn and Inn by the Sea have great views. Beware - very expensive. I've heard average reviews about Inn by the Sea though. In Portland - Portland Harbor Hotel is nice, Regency is nice. Those are probably the best. The Roma is NOT the most romantic restaurant. Its in an average part of town, and its very stuffy (but I'm 31 yrs old and older people might find it "classy"). A great place right on Exchange Street in the heart of the Old Port is called Walter's Cafe. I had my rehearsal dinner there for my wedding and it was fantastic. Upstairs, there is a table in the room to the right that sits in a bay window nook of sorts, and it looks out over the street. Fore Street Restaurant, on Fore St is also very nice. Exposed brick, lots of copper inside. Street and Company, on Wharf Street, is all seafood but very good - small and neat. All of these are within walking distance of both Regency and Portland Harbor.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
640 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Portland

Its not a fancy hotel at all, but my husband did find a great value and romantic room at the Best Western Merry Manor in South Portland, but you'd want to ask for the suite, with in room jacuzzi and gas fireplace. They have a nice pool there too, its open year-round....YES we have been in that pool when the snow is flying. For a restaurant choice I would vote for the Roma as the most romantic, excellent food and a lovely atmosphere

Get answers to your questions about Portland
Recent Conversations