We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight/luggage question

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
710 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Flight/luggage question

We are planning to fly out of Portland however we live in NB Canada. Looking at our return flights and the connection is a 45 min layover at JFK NY. I'm just worried that luggage may not have time to make it for the flight. If we get to Portland and our luggage have not made it, and we have to drive back home, what happens with our luggage?

Are we suppose to wait in Portland for the next flight to bring them ? Or is there some kind of agreement that they would send them to us somehow ?

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight/luggage question

Good question. I know it's typically delivered to wherever your destination is, but this might be a bit extreme. I'd just call the airline and ask them.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,845 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight/luggage question

I would definitely contact the airline directly and ask. I know from personal experience that at least one of the airlines serving Portland has an agreement with a local delivery service to deliver delayed baggage directly to your doorstep within 12 hours of the time it arrives in Portland....and that the delivery area extends at least as far north as Augusta....but I don't know what they'd do for someone in New Brunswick. I'd contact them directly with your concerns and ask. Good luck!

3. Re: Flight/luggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 06:30