Howdy - I'm coming up w/2 friends for a semi-spontaneous weekend in Portland. Have never been, pretty excited...mostly looking forward to the food, esp a lobster shack. Below is my tentative itinerary. Any thoughts, esp re: sailing? Are these rides scenic/worth it or not so much? Other thoughts welcome. (Live music suggestions? Best lobster shack? Bikram alternative?) For context, we are about 30 yrs, female, and more into outdoors than museums, restaurants than clubbing.
Also, we are planning on staying w/ a friend...but that may fall through. I may need to make a backup reservation somewhere. Any suggestions for cheap but good place to stay?
Oh, and for Saturday dinner...we are looking for a good restaurant to celebrate, but that is not too expensive and vegetarian friendly. Too much to ask for?
1) 9:30 am bikram yoga http://www.mainebikramyoga.com/ (First place I found on quick search. If you know of others, holler!)
2) Sightsee and lunch in Old Port (or lunch alone, skip to below for time on beach?)
3) Crescent Beach, Two Lights State Park and dinner at The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth
4) Drinks and live music?
1) Run (#s 1 and 2 on trails.org) and bfast
2) Bike rental? Sightsee Old Port, Peaks Island, or elsewhere?
3) Lunch at Duckfat
4) Sail (http://www.portlandschooner.com/ or http://www.silverliningsailing.com/ or something else?)
5) Dinner (Fore St? Caciola? Bresca? What's the hidden gem that won't be as expensive?!?)
1) Brunch and hit the road.