We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
751 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

I am staying with a friend in Portland. I originally planned to travel by ferry to Nova Scotia but it no longer runs. I am now booked on the only direct flight I can find from Boston to Halifax with United at 8.20am. There is a Concord Bus service leaving Portland at 5am and arriving Logan at 6.50am Will this give me enough time or should I travel to Boston the night before and book into a hotel?

Thanks for advice.

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

Brian, that much time has always worked for us so far. You should be OK.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

I think you'll be fine, but if you're really worried, you could catch the 3:15 a.m. bus instead. :-)

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
751 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

Thanks Downeast and CB48

I considered the 3.15am bus but thought leaving that early in the morning might stretch my host's friendship a bit far :-)

The United site says an hour and half for international flights but elsewhere it counts Canada the same as USA flights about an hour.

Do I need to book a seat with Concord Buslines?

Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

We love that bus. But we've been on it and were delayed in traffic for an hour. In our experience, this is rare - they are usually right on time. However, you only have an hour and a half. If things go according to plan, perfect. If there is a delay, you don't really have much wiggle room.

It is kind of you to be considerate of your host. I would travel the night before. There are a bunch of chain hotels on Route 1 that offer shuttles.

I'm not sure that it is possible to reserve a seat on the bus. When it is full, they seem to be able to bring another over, at least in Bangor where Concord Trailways originates. Have a great flight.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,869 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

From the Concord Trailways website:

"Reservations are not needed when traveling with Concord Coach Lines. Our tickets are good for a block of time, so you choose the day and bus departure that suits your travel needs! When arriving at the terminal or agency, be sure to give yourself ample time to buy tickets and board the bus. We generally recommend arriving 15 before bus departure (during holidays, we recommend 30 minutes)."

6. Re: Bus to Logan airport - enough time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 06:29