We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brasil
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

please help find the best of them?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

Hilton Garden Inn is slightly better located. But the Portland Regency is nicer than either of those, in my opinion, and it is in the same area.

The Residence Inn is quite new. I've never stayed there. I have stayed in the other two.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

Aren't their two Hilton Garden Inns? One by the waterfront and one practically on the airport runway?

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

I stayed at the Residence Inn this winter and it was OUTSTANDING! Agreed, that the location of the Hilton Garden Inn is better, but we're only talking about a 5-10 minute walk to the Old Port. The rooms were immaculate and very nicely appointed. Serive was top notch. I believe all come with a kitchenette too, which is nice for breakfast and snacks.

I liked it so much that I already have reservations again for next winter.

Brasil
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

thank you all!

dear sailor girl, what kind of room did you stay?

5. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Residence Inn Marriot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Portland
Recent Conversations