We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Nb
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel suggestion for one night at the end of April. I've stayed in Portland on 3 or 4 occasions, but always Portland West and always a quick overnight then fly out the next morning. We've never ventured downtown so would like to this time. Suggestions neat decent restaurants in a decent area would be great! Also any restaurant suggestions? I would like to try duck fat for lunch, where should we have dinner?

Thanks!

Nb
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

We are trekking back from the Boston area if it helps any. Staying in North Conway, NH for a night then on to Portland for a night an finishing with a night in Bangor before heading home to New Brunswick. Our trip back involves lots of shopping for the wife and some decent eats for myself hopefully!

Thanks again.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
954 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

We always stay in the Old Port section of the city when we visit. Either the Hilton Garden Inn or the Residence Inn. Both are nice. The Residence Inn is a few blocks further away but the rooms are large and they include breakfast. It's a nice part of the city. You're near good places to eat and shop as well as the waterfront.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
816 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

For just one night in Portland definitely stay in the the Old Port Section. The previous hotel recommendations are very good.....the Residence Inn is just about a year old and the rooms are great but a tiny bit of a walk, with the Hilton Garden Inn you would be probably be able to get a real nice view of the water, and is a little closer to the shops and restaurant in the Old Port. I would also check out the Portland Regency, located in an old armory. Stayed there many times. They have a lovely dark bar on the lower level and a wonderful spa for some pamering.

For restaurants, try Fore Street or Street & Company if you're looking for seafood.

4. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 07:17