We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

I need to do a photo shoot before the snow goes away in Maine. Does it snow in April and May, or is March the last good chance?

Thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

We get snow in March, a little (very unpredictably) in April, but none in May. Weather's going crazy around here, just like globally, so while one winter might have tons of snow, another might not. I don't know that there's any decent snow predicted in the near future. There's very little on the ground in Portland right now, you might have better luck inland, and will perhaps hear from some folks there.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

As it was once said, "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute." Once, in my not so distant memory, is snowed a foot on May Day.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

Downeast Maine, much like Maine-ah reported for Portland, receives a variable amount of snow in March and April is unpredictable. Right now, we have some snow cover as a result of the ca. 4-inch snow earlier this week. However, the next week is forecast for temperatures above freezing and little or no additonal snow (maybe even some rain by Friday.

YOur best bet probably would be to look at the western mountains, closer to the New Hampshire line.

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

You can usually find snow up at Sugarloaf well into April. Hopefully some postsers who have been up that way can confirm the conditions this year.

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

Want snow? Head to the Allagash! Only good snowmobiling in the state right now, is my guess. They don't plow many of the wood roads up there, so the snow stays white and sticks around a while.

Maine
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When does it stop snowing ? (seriously)

No snow this year in Maine --- unless you are up in the boonies, the mountains or a ski report that makes their own snow.

We had to scrap shooting a commercial that needed to take place in snow in Portland.... we never really got it for long enough to to the shoot.

No snow right now!