We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Stay between Portland Airport and Bangor

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight Stay between Portland Airport and Bangor

Our flight will arrive in Portland too late to drive all the way to Bangor and Bar Harbor that evening. I am looking for suggestions for a nice overnight stay in inn/hotel/motel not more than 2 hours drive from Portland airport. Planned route is I-295/95. Location a few miles off this track is perfectly acceptable. Travel is week after Labor Day.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Stay between Portland Airport and Bangor

http://augustaqualityinn.com/ in Augusta Maine is approximately 1 hr away. Great reviews on TA. We are planning on staying there this summer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
836 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Stay between Portland Airport and Bangor

Augusta or Waterville (if you are taking I-95 all the way) are probably the two best option between Portland & Bar Harbor. Once you cross Augusta, options are very limited till you hit the outskirts of Bangor.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Stay between Portland Airport and Bangor

Augusta or Waterville are indeed your best bets... with probably more options and price-points to choose from in Augusta.... Quality Inn and Suites-Evergreen is a great choice. There is also a new Hampton Inn that just opened within the past year or so.... both with easy access to and from I-95. If you find other options and want comments or input, please feel free to ask....

4. Re: Overnight Stay between Portland Airport and Bangor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 05:16