We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

Montreal
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

We looking at a 3 night getaway to celebrate our anniversary in early June. Would you recommend the Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency? Prices for a King room with Deck at the Regency and a Garden King room at the PHH are pretty much the same.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

I've never stayed at the Portland Harbor Hotel. But I have stayed at the Portland Regency and I really like it there. Nice people. Great bar in the basement. The rooms with decks are brand new and very plush. Great bathrooms.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
816 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

And don't forget about the fabulous spa at the Regency also!!

Boston
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

I just booked the Regency for the first weekend of June. This will be our second time staying in the hotel. I loved it due to the fact that we parked the car and was able to walk every where. The bar in the hotel is fun and makes the best martini's I have ever had (and I own a bar).

Montreal
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

Thanks for the advise. I'm surprised that there is no love for the Portland Harbor Hotel.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

I'm not sure that it's a lack of love, but what's familiar. The PHH is a nice property as well. The Garden King will likely overlook their courtyard. I haven't stayed at either, but have enjoyed the Holiday Inn by the Bay (free parking!) and the Marriott Residence Inn (spacious room/suite).

Freeport, Maine
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

Full disclosure: I am admittedly biased, as I work as a licensed massage therapist at the Portland Regency Hotel and Spa, and have not stayed at any of the other hotels since I live in Freeport. That said, I love working in the spa; our guests and my co-workers are wonderful, and we have truly lovely amenities and fabulous service throughout the hotel. I hope that you have a wonderful visit wherever you stay.

7. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 06:06
Edited: 11 June 2013, 06:06
8. Re: Portland Harbour Hotel or Regency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 05:15