We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Port Food Suggestion - Not Fish

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Old Port Food Suggestion - Not Fish

My wife and I are about to take our trip in a few weeks up to explore Bar Harbor and Portland. We are going to be spending a Monday night in Portland and I wanted to do something special for our anniversary for dinner. Only problem is that she is pregnant, so a lot of the seafood options are off the table. Does anyone have any good recommendations for somewhere not terribly expensive (budget ~100-125, could stretch, probably no drinks) that would have some good non-seafood items on their menu? She is a relatively picky eater and doesn't really care for steak either, but most other things are ok.

I know this is a very broad question but Tripadvisor has helped me so much in the past, I thought it couldnt hurt to ask.

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get up there and see some totally different landscape from our native land of Texas!

Maine
Level Contributor
225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Port Food Suggestion - Not Fish

There are literally dozens of good restaurants in the Old Port and with the exception of Street & Co. (which is exclusively seafood) you will be able to find non-seafood choices just about everywhere. Places that I have been recently that I like include The Grill Room (on Exchange Street) and Sonny's (also on Exchange). The Farmer's Table on Commercial Street is good and has a nice patio for outdoor seating. These are just a few suggestions and places I have been to and enjoyed.

Maine
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Port Food Suggestion - Not Fish

Our favorite is Pepperclub, which I would call eclectic and very vegetarian friendly.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Port Food Suggestion - Not Fish

Our favorite is Fore Street, which is very meat-lover friendly. My husband loves the spit-roasted rabbit, when they have it.

4. Re: Old Port Food Suggestion - Not Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19