We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
parking

We will be in Portland for only one night. We will be driving in from Acadia and planning on doing the Lucky Catch tour at 2pm(aprx 2 hours long) then walking around and getting dinner at Flatbread Company. I see that there is a parking garage close to the dock where the tour departs from. Is this at all close to the Flatbread Company ? Can we walk to dinner or would we need to move the cars. We are a group of 8 traveling in two cars , so don't want to spend too much on parking . Is this area safe ? Our luggage will be in the cars?

Maine
Level Contributor
891 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: parking

Flatbread and Lucky Catch are on the same street about a 5 minute walk apart, so I would think that wherever you chose to park for one would be fine for the other. Portland (at least the part tourists generally visit) is very compact and walkable. Portland is a pretty safe city so I wouldn't worry about that. But just like anywhere else that I would leave my car, I would have the luggage in the trunk and not have valuables easily visible from outside the vehicle.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking

Also, please keep in mind that many parking garages-----and I know this is true of the ferry-terminal garage----take cash-only. So be sure to plan ahead!

Maine
Level Contributor
821 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking

You don't mention what time of year you will be visiting but I did recently notice parking in the lots on the harbor side of Commercial St. advertised as $5 for the day. High season is probably $10 but I rarely park in lots or garages so I'm not up to date on the prices. Enjoy Lucky Catch - I hear it's a fun trip!

4. Re: parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:15